Monday, March 6, 2017

A brief account of my stay in Eilat, Israel :)

Today, I'd like to give you a short account of my February stay in Eilat. It is a small city in the south of Israel with its own busy port at the northern tip of the wonderfully warm Red Sea.



It's a great place to visit when you are fed up with Polish weather in February. When I was leaving Warsaw the weather was truly awful with some sleet falling down, cold wind blowing in the face and the temperature of around 4 degrees Celsius. But when I landed at Ovda Airport (some 60 km to the north of Eilat), it was so warm that I had to take off two layers of clothing I had on my back :) The sun was shining beautifully and the temperature was 26 degrees Celsius!







I loved the city for its weather and access to the Red Sea but also for its lovely beaches, coral reef, and breathtaking desert landscapes. One day I went to Timna Park, located some 20 km north of the city, which is one of the most spectacular places in Israel.










Timna Park is an interesting tourist spot because over 6,000 years copper mining began in Timna. Therefore, you can find there the world's oldest copper mine. But one should visit the place for the beautiful views it offers. You can see Spiral Hill, the Mushroom, the Arches and the Ancient Mines, Salomon's Pillars, Hathor's Temple, and the Tabernacle.













Eilat is also known, as I have already mentioned before, for its coral reef, dolphins and a bird sanctuary. If you are into snorkelling or diving, you will definitely feel like a fish in water! Since marine life is not really my cup of tea, I decided to explore the life of the Red Sea by visiting the Underwater Observatory. It's the white tower-like thing in one of the pictures below, where you can go below the sea level and admire the life of the coral reef without getting wet!















And a few pictures of the hotel I stayed at...





 So... if you are thinking of where to go on holidays this year, I do recommend Eilat in Israel! It's a great, full of friendly people place where you can really enjoy the sea, clean air, good food and its unique atmosphere!

Also... if you want to know more, please ask here... I'll be glad to answer your questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...