Friday, August 12, 2016

crimes: arson

Znacie to słowo? Jest to jedno z przestępstw, które jest surowo karane w Polsce. Jeśli ktoś umyślnie podłoży ogień, grozi mu kara od 1 roku do 10 lat pozbawienia wolności. W przypadku podpalenia, w skutek którego dochodzi do czyjejś śmierci, sędzia może skazać takiego podpalacza (arsonist) na 12 lat pozbawienia wolności.

Także, dzisiejsze słówko to "podpalenie", czyli...


A R S O N

My few examples:
  • They carried out an arson attack. 
  • While most arson crimes involve property that belongs to other people, you can also be charged with arson if you set fire to your own property.
  • A 14-year-old boy was charged with arson in connection with a fire that...
  • I read an interesting psychiatric study of persons charged with arson.
  • Three men have been found guilty of arson after six cars were damaged in...
  • A judge has found a man accused of starting an occupied home on fire not guilty of arson.

When I was little, I really wanted to be a fireman, and you know what... to test my skills I had to make some fires. The location was my parents' house. One day I was in the mood to clean all the papers but since this created an opportunity to burn something, I decided to put all the rubbish into a small hole in the floor. The hole packed with papers didn't look good, so I decided to get rid of that nasty view by setting fire to that paper. Seconds after I had a nice fire burning inside the house and I watched the litter disappear. However, to my surprise, the floor caught the fire too and that was the moment I got really scared, which triggered my fireman skills and I ran to get some water to successfully put the fire out. That's my little story of being an arsonist.

My question to you:
Have you ever been involved in an arson? Tell me more about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...