1. Aid workers were said to have been filled with (trwoga, przerażenie) by the appalling conditions that the refugees were living in.
2. It must be very (przyjemne, zachęcające) to see all your children grown up and happy.
3. I shall be left with many (trwałe) memories of the time I spent in India.
4. Have you heard of the latest (innowacje, nowości) in computer technology?
5. Growing boys have (wilcze) appetites.
6. This coat has a special surface that (zapobiega) moisture.
7. Literary scholars are piecing together her last unpublished novel from (fragmenty, urywki) of a recently discovered manuscript.
8. I failed to grasp the film's central (pojęcie, koncepcja).
9. He knew how to spin a good (opowiastka) (= tell a good story).
10. This building, once (wyśmiewany) by critics, is now a major tourist attraction.