What time did you get up today? I've heard recently that someone I know usually gets up very early because it's as early as 10 in the morning! Do you get up at such times? I usually get up at the crack of dawn, czyli o świcie, a potem mam dłuuuugi dzień.
Zapraszam dzisiaj na pięć zwrotów, które ostatnio mi się przypomniały... Pierwsze z nich 'to have a bee in one's bonnet' oznacza 'mieć fioła na jakimś punkcie', 'mieć na jakimś punkcie obsesję'. Moje pytanie do Ciebie:
- Do you have a bee in your bonnet?
- Do you get up at the crack of dawn? Why?
- How do you feel when you get up at the crack of dawn?
- His name-day just slipped my mind.
- I was to tell her that Kasia was in hospital, but it slipped my mind.
- Stop putting words into my mouth! I didn't either say it or mean it!
- There is a great demand for your services so set up your own business and make hay while the sun shines.