Pierwszy z nich to be the talk of the town, czyli być przedmiotem rozmów... Mogę na przykład powiedzieć rzeczy następujące:
- The opening of a new shopping center has been the talk of the town for the past few weeks.
- The fact that the largest employer has to lay off a hundred people is the talk of the town nowadays.
- He's a man of few words, he keeps his promises and is very reliable.
- You can tell Henryk anything; not only is he a man of few words but also very wise.
- I don't like making small talk at meetings because this is a waste of time for me.
- He's really good at making small talk; he can a hundred questions that keep a conversation going.
- She never speaks her mind, which is why there are so many problems with communication.
- Tom is a tough guy, he always speaks his mind and is never afraid of being criticized.
- This pub started its operation a month ago with no marketing campaign! Why is it the most popular one in town now? Because news about its service, prices and events spread by word of mouth!
- It is by word of mouth that I found out about this dentist and you know what... it's the best dentist I have ever had!