Friday, October 10, 2014

Johnny Cash - 25 minutes to go - my suggestion to hold a listening class :)

Hello on Friday!
I've recently rediscovered Johnny Cash and his great song "25 minutes to go"... I used this song yesterday with a group of my wonderful students just to practice a bit of listening and to acquire a few nice words which we then put to use.

Here is the song... Listen, watch and enjoy :)

And here is my listening exercise based on the lyrics of the song... You are welcome to use it in your classrooms, especially with intermediate and upper-intermediate students... and especially when you have a lesson on crime, law and justice :)
Well they're building a 1) ______ outside my 2) ______ I've got 25 minutes to go
And the whole 3) ______'s waitin' just to hear me yell I've got 24 minutes to go
Well they gave me some 4) ______ for my last 5) ______ I've got 23 minutes to go
But nobody asked me how I feel I've got 22 minutes to go
Well I sent for the 6) ______ and the whole dern 7) ______ with 21 minutes to go
And I sent for the 8) ______ but he's out to 9) ______ I've got 20 more minutes to go
Then the 10) ______ said boy I gonna watch you die got 19 minutes to go
So I laughed in his 11) ______ and I spit in his 12) ______ got 18 minutes to go
Now here comes the 13) ______ for to save my 14) ______ with 13 minutes to go
And he's talking bout' burnin' but I'm so 15) ______ I've 12 more minutes to go
Now they're testin' the 16) ______ and it chills my 17) ______ 11 more minutes to go
And the 18) ______ and the 19) ______ aw they work just fine got 10 more minutes to go
Well I'm waitin' for the 20) ______ that'll set me free with 9 more minutes to go
But this is for real so forget about me got 8 more minutes to go
With my 21) ______ on the trap and my 22) ______ on the 23) ______ got 5 more minutes to go
Won't somebody come and cut me 24) ______ with 4 more minutes to go
I can see the 25) ______ I can see the 26) ______ with 3 more minutes to go
And it's to dern 27) ______ for a man that don't wanna die 2 more minutes to go
I can see the 28) ______ I can hear the 29) ______ 1 more minute to go
And now I'm swingin' and here I go-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!


Jeśli jesteście na bieżąco z technologią... Poniżej zamieszczam QR code, gdzie znajdziecie słówka, które usunąłem z tekstu wyżej :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...