Good friends are a highly demanded commodity. And of course I am not thinking here of those 'friends' who are there with you when you all are having fun... drinking, partying and the like... I am thinking of those friends who are there with you when you are in trouble.
To see whether your friend is a true friend, take a look at this test here :)
Anyhow, if the above recommended test proved your friend to be a true one... perhaps you can also say you are both...
AS THICK AS THIEVES
This is a simile which means "znać się jak łyse konie" in Polish.
A few examples from the Internet:
- Kate and her brother-in-law are as thick as thieves as they make merry ...
- We are as thick as thieves when we were all together laughing and...
- Kate Middleton and Prince Harry are as thick as thieves during Queen's...
- Scooby was filmed snuggling up close to his owners' baby, Cade, and it seems the pair are as thick as thieves.
- Tom, and Sally are as thick as thieves They go everywhere together.
- What do friends mean to you?
- Are you a good friend?
- What makes a good friend?
- Are your friends more important than your family?