Thursday, May 22, 2014

Phobias & manias: anthomania

Are you an anthomaniac? Oh, you don't know the meaning? Well, don't worry... I didn't know it either when I first came across this nice word. Let's take a closer look at this word:

ANTHOMANIA

This word refers to a craze for flowers; an extreme love for flowers. I don't know the Polish word for this but the closest one that comes to my mind is 'kwiatomania'.

Here is a nice blog on flowers in English. If you are an anthomaniac or just like flowers and plants, take a look!

I can't say I'm an anthomaniac but my wife has made me like flowers a lot. I do like looking at flowers although I never remember their names. I like both cut and potted plants... my favorite ones are freesias and lilies. The flower in the picture is the one whose company I am currently enjoying in my office :) Do you like it?

My question to you:
Do you like flowers? What flowers/plants do you have in your office or at home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...