Monday, April 7, 2014

Which Finnish city is Kamień Pomorski twinned with?

The answer is

Porvoo

This is the place where today I am happily starting my Study Visit on Using ICT in Education! My fourteen colleagues from different European countries and I are hosted by Paaskytie School, where we'll be shown a variety of in which ICT can be effectively applied in the teaching-learning process.



What I've already learnt of Porvoo is that it is located some 50 kilometers east of Helsinki. It is one of the six medieval town is Finland. It's one of the  oldest places here as the first mention of Porvoo dates back to the 14th century.

The town is only a little smaller than Ostrołęka, where I live. What's also interesting about Porvoo is that a third of its inhabitants speak Swedish. It's a beautiful town and definitely worth visiting. I've already been to Finland some time before but on the other side of the country, in Seinajoki.



The town received its name from a Swedish earth fortress near the river Porvoonjoki, which flows through the town.

OK, we're to kick the whole visit off in a few hours, so I'd better get ready.

How is ICT used at your school? Do you often use various applications, white boards, etc. to make your teaching/learning more effective? Share here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...