Friday, April 4, 2014

I don't have the foggiest idea how the Ukraine problem will be solved...

Let's try: 
  1. to be like water off a duck's back
  2. to be down in the dumps
  3. to be as blind as a bat
  4. to tie up loose ends
  5. not to have the foggiest idea
Do you know any of these? If yes, great! If not, take a look at their meanings below:
  1. spływać (po kimś) jak woda po kaczce
  2. być zdołowanym
  3. być ślepym jak kura
  4. zapinać wszystko na ostatni guzik
  5. nie mieć najmniejszego pojęcia
And now a few examples:
  1. I told him that it wasn't fair what he did, but it was like water off a duck's back!
  2. I was down in the dumps when I read his letters.
  3. When I was a teenager, I was as blind as a bat.
  4. It's time to tie up loose ends before the performance.
  5. I don't have the foggiest idea whether you'll be able to learn these idioms. :)

And finally some HOMEWORK for you!
Please write here your own examples with these idioms! Let's talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...