Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Do you like sweeping things under the carpet?

Let's try: 
  1. to be over the moon
  2. to be green with envy
  3. to know sth inside out
  4. to suit sb down the ground
  5. to sweep something under the carpet
Do you know any of these? If yes, great! If not, take a look at their meanings below:
  1. szaleć ze szczęścia
  2. pękać z zazdrości
  3. znać coś na wylot
  4. bardzo komuś odpowiadać
  5. starać się coś ukryć; zamieść coś pod dywan
And now a few examples:
  1. I was over the moon each time I could date my girlfriend!
  2. Who's recently been green with envy? Why?
  3. I wish I knew the Polish Law of Education inside out.
  4. I always give my wife a lift in the morning, which suits her down to the ground.
  5. Ther's no point sweeping certain family issues under the carpet. .

And finally some HOMEWORK for you!
Please write here your own examples with these idioms! Let's talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...