Thursday, March 27, 2014

When was the last time somebody pulled your leg?

Let's try: 
  1. to pull sb's leg
  2. to pull oil on troubles waters
  3. to kill two birds with one stone
  4. to get out of bed on the wrong side
  5. to go back to square one
Do you know any of these? If yes, great! If not, take a look at their meanings below:
  1. robić kogoś w konia
  2. łagodzić sytuację
  3. upiec dwie pieczenie przy jednym ogniu
  4. wstać lewą nogą
  5. wracać do punktu wyjścia
And now a few examples:
  1. I'm usually quick to detect if someone is pulling my leg or not!
  2. I've been trying to pour oil on troubled waters, but he is not willing to cooperate.
  3. I hope to kill two birds with one ston ein Porvoo. :)
  4. I never get out of bed on the wrong side.
  5. I didn't manage to agree anything with her so I went back to square one..

And finally some HOMEWORK for you!
Please write here your own examples with these idioms! Let's talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...