Monday, March 31, 2014

What has made you feel on top of the world this March?

Let's try: 
  1. to be on top of the world
  2. to need sth like a hole in the head
  3. to have butterflies in your stomach
  4. to get cold feet
  5. to get your wires crossed
Do you know any of these? If yes, great! If not, take a look at their meanings below:
  1. być szczęśliwym jak nigdy
  2. potrzebować czegoś jak dziury w moście
  3. denerwować się; mieć 'motylki'
  4. stchórzyć
  5. nie zrozumieć się z kimś
And now a few examples:
  1. When I heard my son was to live, I was on top of the world!
  2. Another quarrel with him is what I need like a hole in the head...
  3. The older I get, the less often I have butterflies in my stomach.
  4. I didn't get cold feet and wrote him what I thought about that situation.
  5. It's a pity we so often get our wires crossed.

And finally some HOMEWORK for you!
Please write here your own examples with these idioms! Let's talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...