Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Are you good at tightening your belt?

Let's try: 
  1. to cost sb an arm and a leg
  2. to be in the same boat
  3. to be as deaf as a post
  4. once in a blue moon
  5. to tighten your belt
Do you know any of these? If yes, great! If not, take a look at their meanings below:
  1. kosztować kogoś majątek
  2. jechać na tym samym wózku
  3. być głuchym jak pień
  4. bardzo rzadko
  5. oszczędzać; zaciskać pasa
And now a few examples:
  1. My first flat cost me an arm and a leg!
  2. Many countries used to be in the same boat as regards 'friendship' with Russia.
  3. He's as deaf as a post but he always knows what I'm talking about.
  4. Once in a blue moon I think of moving abroad.
  5. Are you good at tightening your belt? I am not.

And finally some HOMEWORK for you!
Please write here your own examples with these idioms! Let's talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...