Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Would you like priests to deliver sermons from pulpits?



Do you know the name of a place from which a priest used to preach sermons in church? No? Well, in Polish it's called 'ambona'. Here is the compound:

CHURCH PULPIT

I don't know how many of you remember those days when you heard a sermon being preached from a church pulpit... I am old enough to remember. My grandmother took me to church every Sunday for a mass and despite the fact I didn't understand much from the preaching then, I do remember that a priest would climb a church pulpit and speak long and emotively so that people would often cry...
I think it was good that priests preached from church pulpits. I can't give you any arguments for this, but I feel it was better than preaching almost straight from the altar.

What is your opinion? 

2 comments:

  1. in my humble opinion, a priest may preach even while dangling from the chendelier as long as he talks sense, gives hope and inspires.

    besides, whenever I see a church pulpit I instantly imagine it collapsing on the people sitting beneath...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Czesuawa... while we're about it... why do you call yourself Czesuawa? is it after your granny or mom?

    ReplyDelete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...