Thursday, February 6, 2014

Czy jesteś w stanie dzisiaj ogarnąć kolejne pięć idiomów?

Let's try: 
  1. to face the music
  2. to get the wrong end of the stick
  3. to have an egg on your face
  4. to make hay while the sun shines
  5. third time lucky
Do you know any of these? If yes, great! If not, take a look at their meanings below:
  1. wypić piwo, którego się nawarzyło
  2. zrozumieć coś opacznie, niewłaściwie
  3. wyjść na durnia
  4. korzystać ze sposobności, wykorzystać okazję
  5. do trzech razy sztuka
And now a few examples:
  1. f you don't learn these idioms today, you'll have to face the music and talk with me!
  2. I hope you didn't get the wrong end of the stick in my first example :)
  3. I hope I haven't made any mistakes here as I'd have egg on my face...
  4. So... once you have already come to this blog, make hay while the sun shines and learn my idioms!
  5. Try again! Third time lucky! :)
And finally some HOMEWORK for you!
Please write here your own crazy examples with these idioms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...