Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My favorite tongue twisters!


I'd like to share with you a bunch of my favorite tongue twisters today. Are you brave enough to take up this challenge and say each twister as fast as you can?


Source: http://tinyurl.com/llk96cr
Here we go:

  1. To begin to toboggan, first buy a toboggan. But don't buy too big a toboggan. Too big a toboggan is too big a toboggan to buy to begin to toboggan. 
  2. There was a writer called Wright, he taught his son to write Wright right: "It's not right to write Wright 'Rite', please try to write Wright right!"
  3. Near an ear, a nearer ear, a nearly eerie ear.
  4. While we were walking, we were watching window washers wash Washington's windows with warm washing water.
  5. Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead.
  6. A certain young fellow named Beebee wished to marry a lady named Phoebe. "But," he said. "I must see what the minister's fee be before Phoebe be Phoebe Beebee".
  7. Mary Mac's mother's making Mary Mac marry me. My mother's making me marry Mary Mac. Will I always be so merry when Mary's taking care of me? Will I always be so merry when I marry Mary Mac?
  8. If you understand, say "understand". If you don't understand, say "don't understand". But if you understand and say "don't understand", how do I understand that you understand? Understand?
  9. Wunwun was a racehorse, Tutu was one, too. Wunwun won one race, Tutu won one, too.
  10. I wish to wish, I dream to dream, I try to try, and I live to live, and I'd die to die, and I cry to cry, but I don't know why.
  11. She saw Sheriff's shoes on the dofa. But was she so sure she saw Sheriff's shoes on the sofa?
  12. A pessimistic pest exists amidst us.
  13. Mr Tongue Twister tried to train his tongue to twist and turn, and twit and twat, to learn the letter 'T".
  14. The big black bug bit the big black bear, but the big black bear bit black bug back!
  15. Frivolous fat Fannie fried fresh fish furiously.
  16. Shut up the shutters and sit in the shop.
  17. Come, come, stay calm, stay calm, no need for alarm, it only hums, it doesn't harm.
  18. I thought, I thought of thinking of thanking you.
  19. A loyal warrior will rarely worry why we rule.
  20. Give papa a cup of proper coffee in a copper coffee cup.
Który łamaniec jest dla Ciebie najtrudniejszy?
A który najciekawszy?

1 comment:

  1. Tomorrow I'm going to give some tt to my students and see what happens... I'm going to make them aware of pronouncing "th"... Anyway, my favourite from the above is number 1 and 3 :)

    And, since Im' a fan of Gene Kelly, the best one is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tciT9bmCMq8

    Oh, Gene... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...