Friday, July 5, 2013

Do you think going to South America on holidays is a good idea?

Machu Picchu. Source: Flickr
Hi! The holiday season has already started! Got any plans for this summer? Got any future holiday plans? Have you ever been interested in visiting South America or maybe you've already tasted the continent?

SOUTH AMERICA 

is made up mostly of the following countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Surinam, Uruguay and Venezuela.

The two most commonly used languages on the continent are Spanish and Portuguese, which reminds us of the fact that Spain and Portugal ruled the continent for some three centuries. This is also why most South Americans are Roman Catholics.

Do you know which city in South America is the biggest industrial city? It's Sao Paulo in Brazil. Although it's a wealthy and modern city, there are also many poor people who go there in search of work and often end up on the streets. Still, Brazil is a beautiful country and it would probably my third choice!

My second choice would be Peru. I'd love to see the ruins of Machu Picchu hidden 2,280 meters up in the Andes. People in South America have always been good at building cities and this particular city was built over 500 years ago... and you know what? They had no modern machinery! :)

Cajas National Park, Ecuador. Source: Flickr


My first choice would be Ecuador... Why? There are a few reasons for this... The first one being it's free from mass tourism. It's off the beaten track, so to speak, which means you can always see and experience something new and original. Secondly, I'd love to visit the Galapagos Islands for their unique landscape and culture. Ecuador is, as I've learned, the most diverse of all South American countries. This is the country where I wouldn't mind spending my retirement. The weather is great as the country offers mild spring-like conditions year-round! Moreover, people in Ecuador are honest and warm. they're helpful and  they do enjoy welcoming foreign visitors. Their friendliness and openness makes travelers feel safe and well looked after and you feel treated like a guest rather than a tourist. There are more reasons for my choice, but I'd like to stop here :)

What is your experience of South America? Have you visited any country there? Please, write here!











3 comments:

  1. I love watching Cejrowski's programmes. He made a lot of films about South America. This is why I really like this part of the world. It's wild and a bit mysterious. The people seems to be outgoing and very common. Maybe one day I'll be rich and I will go to South America... I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Cejrowski is one of the best travellers I have ever watched. The biggest thing i like about him is that he has a really original way of talking about places. That makes me listen to him even if i'm not much interested in the subject ;')

      Delete
    2. Yeah, let's hope we'll be able to visit South America one day. The price of a return plane ticket to Mexico per person is about PLN 3,000. Seems affordable as you don't spend much on the spot, do you?

      Delete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...