Monday, July 1, 2013

Are you at all brave?

Are you...


as brave as a lion

I wish I were braver! I wish I were as brave as - not necessarily a lion - but as Jesus Christ. For me, he is the most courageous of all. St Mark calls “good cheer”. In the Bible the Greek word translated “courage” and “good cheer” means “boldness and confidence.”
Source: Flickr

Thus, when I feel cowardly, I try to think of God who says "fear not!" If God says it, He means it as with Him everyone is save as it is Him who has His perfect plans for us.

This is how the Bible encourages us to be brave:
  • “Fear not, [for] I am your shield” (Genesis 15:1)
  • “Fear not, for God has heard the voice of the boy where he is” (Genesis 21:17)
  • “Fear not [for]…I am the One who helps you.” (Isaiah 41:14)
  •  “Do not fear…for you have found favor with God” (Luke 1:30)
  • “Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared” (Proverbs 3:25-26)
  • “it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom” (Luke 12:32)

Consult the Bible for the specific contexts in which the above words of God are found.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...