This word refers to a delusion that someone is great or powerful; it's a mental disorder; it's also an obsession with doing extravagant things; in Polish we have exactly the same word and it is megalomania. And this is how you pronounce the word megalomania.
- Football: 'Blatter suffers from megalomania'.
- He suffers from megalomania.' Those are the first words to come up in the mind of Patricia Brunklaus, confronted with the name of cult leader Amdi Petersen.
- Do you agree with James Murdoch that the BBC suffers from megalomania?
- He suffers from megalomania and doesn't mind sacrificing the lives of others, as happened in the invasion of Lebanon.
- The dictator suffers from megalomania in planning to construct large palaces with...
My question to you:
Are you a megalomaniac? Do you know any?