TO SCOOP UP
Let's look at some examples from the Net:
- I scooped up some water, threw it hard and bam!
- I scooped up some water in a bucket and noticed that it looked cloudy.
- A plane passed over a lake or river, scooped up some water (and the scuba diver
), and then dropped the contents onto the forest fire. <-- span="" style="color: red;">This one is cool!-->
1. to scoop (up) flower, ice cream, water - nabrać mąki, lodów, wody
2. to lift hay, earth - nabrać siana, ziemi
3. to fill your lungs with air - nabrać powietrza w płuca
4. to con - nabrać (kogoś) (to cheat)
5. to gain speed - nabrać prędkości
6. to get one's color back - ponownie nabrać kolorów
Your job for today:
PRODUCE A NICE SENTENCE WITH ONE OF THOSE WORDS for 'NABRAĆ'! :)