Friday, May 17, 2013

I'd like to try Zarzuela de Pescado one day...

Unfortunately, I have never been to Spain although I have met a few people from La Furia Roja (the red fury)... Anyhow, today I wanted to mention some popular and tasty dishes from different regions of Spain.


GAZPACHO

It's cold tomato soup from Andalusia.
Gazpacho. Source: http://tinyurl.com/czhmxqw

COCIDO

It's meat stew from Castile and Estremadura.

Cocido. Source: Flickr
ZARZUELA DE PESCADO

It's seafood stew from Catalonia.

Zarzuela de Pescado. Source: biteandbooze
PAELLA

It's chicken, seafood and rice from Valencia.

Paella. Source: biteandbooze
Have you ever eaten any of these? Would you recommend other Spanish dishes?

4 comments:

  1. I tried all of the dishes presented by you. They were excellent for me. Especially - paella. Some years ago I visited a small town named Penedes. I found a local restaurant (after tasting of sparkling Cava wine) where pork feet with paprika-onion sauce were served. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! How would describe Spanish cuisine in general? I see that the town of Penedes is known for its Cava, but, to be honest, it has never appealed to me. Tarragona could have been much better in its own right and with pigs' trotters...

      Delete
  2. Spanish cuisine, in general, is "light" for me. Fish and other sea food like shrimps and octopuses are fine. And Rioja, obvoiusly:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does Rioja come from the Penedes region?

      Delete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...