Friday, May 10, 2013

Does Neuschwanstein ring a bell?

Source: Flickr
Let me tell you about

THE CASTLE OF NEUSCHWANSTEIN 

This is one of the most popular castles in Europe. It's a charming fairytale like castle located in the idyllic scenery of the Bavarian Alps in south Germany. It was built circa 1892 by a rich Bavarian king who had a really wild imagination.


The king was inspired by Richard Wagner's operas. There are magnificent frescos of angels in the throne room. Ironically, King Ludwig II died in 1886, before this spectacular castle was finished. What is interesting, despite the fact that the castle was erected in the 19th century, it was outfitted with running water and central heating!

I hope to see the castle one day! :)

Been there? Seen it? Share your experience here!

2 comments:

  1. More than 10 years ago my sister lived in Bavaria and when I visited her we also went to Neuschwanstein. I remember beautiful views from the castle and many Chinese people with cameras ;) In fact, I was very young and we visited many incredible places so it is difficult to recall the details :) Anyway, the castle is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow... You're quite a traveler then :) Impressive. As you know my experience of Germany is rather poor.

      Delete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...