Sunday, April 21, 2013

Expressing dislike: abominate

It's Sunday... It's a day most people like. However, today I have a word which is used to express dislike....

ABOMINATE
Source: http://tinyurl.com/d4fvacq

This word refers to loathe intensely, detest, hate; in Polish we translate the word as czuć wstręt, brzydzić się, znienawidzić. This is how you pronounce the word abominate.


A few examples from the Internet:
  • He abominated speech- makers and lampooned political oracles...
  • He ABOMINATED the monster that demolished his father's cabin so he destroyed it with...
  • Gladstone abominated defence expenditure and he abominated war talk...
  • He always abominated the lying lips and the carping tongue...
  • I have no pretensions to morality; and I confess I have always abominated the lamb, and...         
  • Ten-minute video on why I abominate the so-called prosperity gospel...

My question to you:
What do you abominate? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...