Thursday, March 14, 2013

We have a new Pope!

March 13, 2013 will obviously be remembered as a great day for the Catholic Church and, hopefully, the world. I am so happy because we have a new Pope! What is more I really like the new one. For some reason he really made a very positive impression on me. I am also happy that the Holy Spirit played a trick on all bet takers and speculators.

I was there at St Peter's Square mentally and wished I had been there among those tens of thousands of rain-drenched pilgrims who were joyously cheering the new leader of the church. The new Pope had chosen his name Francis, which immediately makes us think of St Francis of Assisi. Will the new Pope follow the values of the poor man from Assisi?
Jorge Mario Bergoglio. Source: Flickr.

I watched this very calm and composed man standing and then greeting the exuberant crowd from the balcony of St Peter's Basilica.

I have a feeling many people were really puzzled when the name of Argentinian Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio was announced... I am therefore even happier that God always finds His own ways that are not in line with people's predictions, plans and what not.

It's amazing that the new Pope is from such a distant country - Argentina. I have a gut feeling the new Pope will set a new, beautiful and powerful way of leading the Church through his humble demeanor.

I am so happy it didn't take too long for the cardinals to finally produce the long-awaited white smoke from the Sistine Chapel and we do have the new pontiff!

Any comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...