Saturday, March 16, 2013

The other day I was asked how to say WYMUSKANY

The other day I was asked how to say 'wymuskany'... We were talking about appearance with one of my students and I was asked this. This is an interesting word and I'd like to share it with you as well... The word is:

SPIFFY
Brad Pitt. Source: http://www.crushable.com

My personal experience:
To be honest I rarely look really spiffy these days. Only on special occasions do I wear a suit and tie. My style changed a few years ago and today I generally wear casual clothes... I feel more comfortable and I do hope I still look neat :) Up to 2005 I had been wearing suits, shirts and ties non-stop. Then, something happened and I just jumped into blouses, T-shirts and jeans.

A few examples from the Internet:
  • I looked really spiffy tonight...
  • Anna sparkled and Stephen looked spiffy on the Red Carpet.
  • Everyone was extremely nice and friendly and looked spiffy wearing white hats.
  • American designer Marc Jacobs looked spiffy at the British Fashion Awards held in London last night.
  • I didn't recognize him as he had gotten new clothes and looked so spiffy and even had a cell phone due to his driving business having taken off so well.   

My question to you:
Do you often have to look spiffy? What do you usually wear to look spiffy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...