Monday, March 11, 2013

The other day I was asked how to say RAKI and ALPINISTA...

The other day I was asked how to say 'raki' and 'alpinista'... We were talking about mountaineering, trekking, etc. Since this is an interesting word, I'd like to share these words with you too...
Crampons. Source: Flickr.

So let me just take you on a tour round the words to do with 'alpinizm'. There are a few ways you can refer to 'alpinizm': 

MOUTAINEERING
MOUNTAIN CLIMBING
ALPINISM 

The word for 'raki' is

CRAMPONS
lightweight crampons - raki lekkie
twelve-point crampons - raki 12-zębne
ten-point crampons - raki 10-zębne


Here, I have to pay tribute to the the team of Polish mountaineers who died in the winter expedition to Broad Peak in the Himalayas... The team conquered the 8,047 meter peak on March 5 2013 but two of them, i.e. Maciej Berbeka and Tomasz Kowalski went missing on their way down. Although I am not a person who is in any special way keen on mountaineering, I have to say, I am in awe of all mountaineers who demonstrate such courage and determination to achieve the goals of their truly genuine passion.

Source: http://polskihimalaizmzimowy.pl/
Source: http://polskihimalaizmzimowy.pl/



















May they rest in peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...