Monday, March 4, 2013

...that Monday morning feeling...

Monday again...  Today I want to share one wonderful idiomatic expression with you. The one I have for today concerns Mondays. Take a look and try to remember it!

  • that Monday morning feeling
What does it mean? Well, this idiom refers to the feeling most of us have when a new week back at work starts... Then we feel sort of sad and gloomy, maybe pressed down a bit.
Source: Flickr.

A few examples from the Internet:
  • The reason being that I had that Monday Morning feeling and was heading outside of Sydney city centre to get to...
  • Ever had that Monday morning feeling that can extend even to Wednesday...?
  • Since going fully freelance, I have never had that 'Monday Morning' feeling'...
  • Wishing you all a wonderful day even though it is that Monday morning feeling of "oh no its work again for the week".
  • The problem many people face is that “Monday morning feeling”. I get it too.   
My question to you: 
    Do you ever face that Monday morning feeling? Any advice not to experience it next Monday?                    

    2 comments:

    1. Monday means that the weekend is coming :) There are only 4 days left :) In my opinion Sunday is the worst day of the week. All Sunday I think about Monday... Going back to work, no time for anything etc. But on Monday I'm busy so I have no time to think of this terrible day :) I just wait for the weekend (unfortunately I start every weekend on Saturday at 4 p.m. because on Saturday I also have to work :( )

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have never thought about Mondays this way... Well, it's really reassuring to look at Monday as the day which brings us closer to another weekend. Still, I am more inclined to think that Monday is the first day of another working week and it's an uphill trek; I reach the peak on Wednesday, and descent on Thu and Fri until I get to the weekend camp, which is not always so pleasant either... for most of my weekends are unfortunately busy... Heh...

        Delete

    Say something here!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...