Na tę część egzaminu przeznacza się około dwóch minut. Celem rozmowy wstępnej jest 'rozgrzewka' językowa, oswojenie się z sytuacją i 'mentalne' przygotowanie do dalszej części egzaminu :)
Myślę, że warto sobie zerknąć na przykłady pytań i odpowiedzi, a nuż trafi się Wam coś podobnego? :)
- Have you ever been on a diet? Why? Why not?
- Yes, I have been on a diet many times. Why? Well, why do people go on diets? I think the answer is quite obvious... to lose some weight.
- What kind of food is good for you? Why?
- I like all kinds of food. However, I think that even if you like something and you are aware that it is not healthy, then you just need to avoid it. That's why I feel fruit and vegetables are better for me. Besides, they contain antioxidants (przeciwutleniacze) that protect our organism.
- Why do people love fast food?
- I guess there are two basic reasons why people like fast food. Firstly, it's fast food. Secondly, it's tasty. Moreover, people have become too lazy to fight their addiction to (uzależnienie od) fast food.
- What do you usually have for lunch?
- I usually have some sandwich and a cup of tea. I often eat an apple or some other fruit later. I am usually at school at lunchtime so my options of organizing something better than this are limited.
- Do you think young people should learn to cook? Why? Why not?
- Of course, they should. If everyone learnt to cook, they would appreciate (docenić) their own meals rather than some fatty (tuczące) fast foods. The other reason why cooking is a great skill is that you can always impress (robić wrażenie na) others. It's a very good skill for men if they want to impress the opposite sex (przeciwną płeć).
- How many meals should we eat every day? Why?
- I believe that three meals a day is just enough. What is more important, however, is that we eat regularly and control what we eat. These simple rules guarantee (gwarantują) that we don't put on (przybierać na) weight too quickly.
- Do you ever eat meals at school? Why? Why not?
- Yes, I do eat meals at school. We are lucky to have our own canteen (stołówka) that offers very good meals at really reasonable (rozsądny) prices. Wouldn't it be unwise (niemądre) if I didn't seize (wykorzystać) this opportunity?
- Is chocolate good for people? Why? Why not?
- I am of the opinion that chocolate is good for people as long as (pod warunkiem że) you know where to stop eating it. Many people simply can't control their greed (chciwość) and eat more and more each time, which results in them soon becoming overweight (otyli).
- Where can you find information about healthy food?
- It's not a problem these days, is it? If you really want to know about how caloric (kaloryczny) something is, you will have hundreds of websites on the Internet telling you everything about each product. If you don't have access (dostęp) to the Net, you can always go to a library and look things up in an encyclopaedia, etc.
- Can the food you eat be bad for you? Why? Why not?
- Of course, it can. It's just enough to look around and you will immediately understand that we eat today makes us grow fat and unless we start eating more consciously (świadomie), we'll end up (skończymy) suffering from overweight and lots of diseases (choroby) resulting from our obesity (otyłość). The food that is sold to us and consumed by us is often modified and has many preservatives (konserwanty). Besides, people in the so called 'developed' countries suffer from prosperity (dobrobyt), also in terms of food supply (podaż żywności) and hence (stąd) from overeating (przejedzenie).