Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Have you been to Japan or Korea?

Today I feel I need to talk about Japan and Korea... South Korea to be specific as I have already produced some post on North Korea some time ago...

Again, these countries seem very exotic for us... Europeans... I haven't been to any of these countries, but I would love to hear from you on these two countries. Maybe you had an opportunity to visit either Japan or Korea...

Source: http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/722296

Anyhow, I still would like to say a few things about each country. What we know Japan for are its electronic gadgets. Everybody knows such Japanese brands as Nikon, Canon, Yamaha, Nintendo or Casio... What I also know about Japan is that people there enjoy a high standard of living and Japan is one of the world's richest countries in the world...

Korea, which is Japan's neighbor is split into North and South Korea. I don't want to talk about North Korea. it's a sad country and, as I have already said, there is a post on my blog on this country. South Korea is as successful a country as Japan. Many of us use popular Korean brands such as Samsung, Hyundai, LG, Kia or Daewoo.

South Korea is one of the largest sellers of material. Maybe this is one of the reasons why South Korean people wear so colorful clothes. 

I think we know Hyundai mostly as a South Korean car manufacturer. I was surprised to learn that the Hyundai shipyard is the biggest one in the world and most of Asia ships are built right there.

Japanese chirashi-sushi. Source: Flickr.


Now, a few other things about Japan... The other day I was having a conversation about hard working people and we immediately jumped to Japan as people work really hard and a lot there. That's why they even have a word for death caused by overwork, i.e. karoshi. This is what Japanese people are known for worldwide... What we don't know is that one of the most popular Japanese hobbies is mountain climbing. There are quite a few stunning mountain ranges and people take advantage of them and keep fit this way.  Japanese people are also know for their longevity. I think it's thanks to their healthy diet of fish.

Have you been to Japan or South Korea? What are your stories? Please share here! TIA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...