Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Matura ustna - Zadanie 3: PRACA

OUP Photocopiable

Za chwilę wracamy do szkoły... więc dzisiaj, z myślą o maturzystach, temat związany ze szkołą :) Zapraszam do przestudiowania przykładu odpowiedzi do Zadania 3 matury ustnej z języka angielskiego.

Czas: 5 minut

Egzaminator: Read the task and think about what you'd like to say. You have about a minute to prepare.

[Po upływie około minuty, jeśli będzie taka potrzeba, egzaminator wbija się z tekstem następującym...]

Egzaminator: Can you start now?

[Teraz masz około dwóch minut, żeby uporać się z dwoma zadankami. Po pierwsze wybierasz jakiś obrazek z zestawu i uzasadniasz swój wybór. Po drugie wyjaśniasz dlaczego odrzucasz pozostałe obrazki.]

Zdający: I have to say I like making some extra money (zarobić dodatkowe pieniądze) during summer holidays, especially when I could work in a country where it's possible to practice English. Looking for a job is not new to me as I have already done so a few times. So now I feel like I am given this opportunity (szansa) once more :) I see there are three jobs I could choose from... a vegetable seller (sprzedawca warzyw) at a market stall (na stoisku na rynku), a waiter, and a fruit picker (zbieracz owoców)... If I am to choose (Jeśli mam wybrać) something, I would like to be a waiter. My reason for taking this offer is that I love working with people and I really like jobs that are hectic (szalony). Besides, a waiter is likely to make a lot of money in tips (na napiwkach), especially if I work in a high end (wyższej klasy) restaurant.

I am rejecting (odrzucam) the other offers because they really don't match (nie pasują do) my personality... Being a vegetable seller at a market stall seems to be rather mundane (nudny) and you have to dirt yourself (ubrudzić się) weighing vegetables. The other thing is I am not very fond of haggling (targowanie się) with customers, and you have to admit (przyznać) that people often want to pay much less just because you're selling at a market stall. When it comes to working as fruit picker... Well, it doesn't appeal to me either... Not only can it be physically hard (ciężka fizycznie), but more than that, it is not interesting. You are usually on your own struggling with (walcząc z) reaching out for an apple (sięganiem po jabłko) standing on a low ladder (drabina). Frustrating and poorly paid.     

[Teraz przeczhodzimy do drugiej części tego egzaminu, w której egzaminator zadaje ci dwa pytania. Na tę część zadania masz około dwóch minut.]

Egzaminator: Thank you. I will now ask you two questions.

1. What are the advantages of working abroad?
There are many. First of all, it's a priceless work experience. All of a suddent you find yourself far away from home doing some work in a different environment, in a different culture, with speakers of a different language. All of these factors can be really invaluable as you can profit from them if you are only aware of how beneficial this experience can be. The other advantage is that you choose your own career and if you choose wisely, it can bring you a lot of joy. Moreover, working abroad usually means making more money than at home. Last but not least, you obviously make many new friends and you are given the opportunity of tasting a foreign culture and life, which is something you can't buy in a shop. You have to live through it.

2. Are holiday jobs popular among Polish teenagers? Why/Why not?
Since we became an EU member, I have a feeling that working abroad has been increasingly growing in popularity among Polish teenagers. Now that the boarders are open and we are granted equal opportunities as other EU citizens, many people want to try this experience and see what's it like to find yourself working abroad. Besides, many teenagers want to polish the language of the country they're going to. To many teenagers staying away from home and making money working abroad is a test of their maturity. It's a great challenge and a way of boosting their self-esteem.   

Egzaminator: Thank you. This is the end of the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...