Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What is your New Year's resolution?



Have you thought of what New Year's resolutions to make yet? People have lots of different ideas about what to change in their lives, what they should take up or go off. 

More often than not people give up what they had promised themselves and backslide... Why is this so? Well, I think the most important thing is your own motivation... just like in the case of learning a language (of which I was writing the other day...)

What is your motivation then? What is your drive? Are you planning to do certain things just because you are selfishly focused on yourself? The thing is that in many cases this is the only factor... We rely so much on ourselves, on our own powers to stop or start whatever we wish. Such a way of thinking is not good of course since we ourselves are too weak to control things, especially those we wish to fight in ourselves. Thus we need to remember that a certain activity has no value unless you have the proper motivation for stopping or starting it.

Where should we find motivation to successfully accomplish our New Year's resolutions? As far as I expect and probably to many people's disappointment, I have to tell you that all positive motivation you will always find in God. Philippians 4:13 tells us, “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” John 15:5 adds, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” So you really believe in God this should be just enough for you to trust His as we all feel encouraged in Psalm 37:5-6 “Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."

Just  to recap... make sure that God is the center of your New Year's resolution! If He approves of your resolution, and when you trust Him, you are guaranteed that you will be able to fulfill anything you dream of, which is what I wholeheartedly wish you in 2013! :)

3 comments:

  1. I've got an extremely long list of this year's resolutions :) I hope to fulfill all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so do I! Let's pray God would give us His grace to fulfill them all! May you and your family be all blessed this year!

      Delete
    2. We surely will be blessed but the question is: how and in what aspects of our life :)

      Delete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...