Wednesday, January 23, 2013

similes: Are you a changeable person?

They say women are...

AS CHANGEABLE AS THE WEATHER

or

AS CHANGEABLE AS THE MOON

First, let's explain the word... If you're changeable, then you are subject to change; you're capricious and you're a fickle person, i.e. inconsistent. In Polish we say 'zmienny', 'niestały', 'ruchomy'.

Is this true from your point of view? Are you a woman? If so,  you could tell us whether or not it is really true. If you are a man, you could share your observations with us, couldn't you? I have been married since 1997... so it's 16 years this July... and I have to say that I am quite positive on my wife's changeability as there is virtually none, which is something that shatters the aforementioned theory... and pleases me a lot :) However, the general belief is that women ARE changeable, so I'd like you to share your story with us :)

In Polish we often say 'zmienny jak chorągiewka' (as changeable as a flag) or 'zmienny jak kameleon' (as changeable as a chameleon). Now, when I come to think of this comparison, I have to say I prefer the Polish way of talking about changeability...It's probably because the weather in Poland is not as changeable as, say, in England... Moreover, we don't pay too much attention to how changeable the moon is either... Anyhow, do you think there should be an alternative simile like this... AS CHANGEABLE AS WOMEN? :)

If you're a woman, my question to you is:
Are women really changeable?

If you're a man, my question to you is:
What are your observations about women?




2 comments:

  1. I'm not a changeable person... or maybe a little... no, not really... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...