This is an adjective and refers to something or someone that is not last but next to last; in Polish we say przedostatni. And this is how you pronounce the word penultimate.
- It's the penultimate episode of the series tonight.
- The V Festival is an annual music festival held in England during the penultimate weekend in August.
- Pay day is the penultimate working day of each month.
- The Epistle of Jude, often shortened to Jude, is the penultimate book of the...
- This is the penultimate draft of the article.
- It will be the penultimate opportunity for racegoers to see him in the flesh as...
- The event will be the penultimate event on the 2013 European Tour...
My question to you:
Think of your life for a second... Is there anything you have done or you're planning to do for the penultimate time? What is it?