Saturday, December 15, 2012

Fish: plaice

Today I just need to talk about a nice and... tasty type of fish which is...

PLAICE

This word refers to type of a European flatfish; in Polish we call this fish flądra, płastuga, gładzica. And this is how you pronounce the word plaice.


A few examples from the Internet:
  • Try this delicious plaice recipe with its unusual couscous topping...
  • The commercial fishery for plaice is very important to the European seafood sector...
  • I had a lovely piece of plaice. Very tasty.
  • Obviously I don't know what plaice tastes like so I must be wrong.
  • For instance, plaice tastes completely different to cod, but as far as I'm aware, they live a similar lifestyle in similar areas of sea and ocean.
  • Try this delicious plaice recipe with its unusual couscous topping.             



My question to you:
How do you like plaice best?

9 comments:

  1. It may sound unbelievably but I have never eaten this fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have to try it. It's really good. When you go to the seaside order a plaice dish! :) Plaice is low in fat, with just 2 g in each 100 g of raw plaice. This fish is low in fat with just two grams in each 100 g of raw plaice.

      Delete
    2. You wrote the same sentence twice :) OK, I'll try it if you recommend it :)

      Delete
    3. Sorry :) My aging is demonstrating itself again :)

      Delete
  2. plaice looks tasty, although I did not have a chance to eat it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karolina! I am happy to have read your comment. Well, I think you should try plaice and other fish as well :) I believe fish is much better than meat. What's your opinion? Are you a vegetarian?

      Delete
    2. No, I'm not a vegetarian. I like meat fish because is very healthy. I'm sorry I don't know what to write :)

      Delete
    3. Ok Karolina, I am happy you are trying to write! This is what we actually need English for... i.e. communication :) Please write more often.

      Delete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...