Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Service items: identify the object

Hello! Let's talk about various service items. Today I have a few simple questions:


  1. What is the thing that is used to open wine bottles?
  2. What is the thing that hangs over the waiter's arm?
  3. What is the thing in which you fit five candles?
  4. What is the thing that is used for serving cheese?
  5. What do you call the team of people who work in a restaurant?
  6. What is the thing on which you carry plates?
  7. What is the thing on which you carry drinks?
  8. What is the thing where you should place white wine to reduce its temperature?
  9. What is the thing in which you put water or milk?
  10. What is the thing that smokers need?
  11. What is the thing from which soup is served?
  12. What do you call fold marks in a tablecloth?
  13. What do you call a salt and pepper set?
  14. What is the thing that you serve toasts in?
  15. What is the thing that you use to open a bottle of beer?
  16. What is the thing that your guests us to clean their fingers?
  17. What is the best quality cloth for table linen?            
Just leave answers to questions you know answers to. You don't have to answer all questions of course. :)

Good luck!

5 comments:

  1. 1. a corkscrew
    2. a cloth? I don't know if there is a special name for that. Even in Polish :)
    3. a candlestick or five is a special number?
    4. I can think only about raclette which I actually use sometimes. Or maybe just a tray?
    5. staff
    6. this is tray I think
    7. don't know :O
    8. a fridge?
    9. a jug
    10. a cigarette? or maybe better, a drying out ;)
    11. a bowl or a tureen
    12. embroidery (mooom, what a word!)
    13. I can think only of a mill. Pepper and Salt mills...
    14. a toaster
    15. a can opener
    16. a towel :) us or use?
    17. linen?

    Wow! That was really difficult!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed! Many of your answers are either absolutely correct or close to ideal :) Let's study the correct answers.

      So there we go:

      1. corkscrew - korkociąg
      2. service cloth - serweta kelnerska
      3. *** I need a different word ***
      4. *** I need a different word ***
      5. *** I need a different word ***
      6. tray - taca
      7. *** I need a different word ***
      8. *** I need a different word ***
      9. jug - dzbanek
      10. *** I need a different word ***
      11. tureen - waza
      12. *** I need a different word ***
      13. *** I need a different word ***
      14. *** I need a different word ***
      15. *** I need a different word ***
      16. *** I need a different word ***
      17. *** I need a different word ***

      You have correctly answered five words! Not bad :) You can revise your answers now and make another attempt :)

      Delete
  2. 5.service?
    8.bucket with ice
    10.it's a nicotine?
    13.salt and pepper cellar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5. *** I need a different word ***
      8. *** I need a different word ***
      10. *** I need a different word ***
      11. *** I need a different word ***

      Hmmm... I think you should try again! :)

      Delete
  3. I guess it's time to give you all the answers:
    1. corkscrew
    2. service cloth
    3. candelabra
    4. cheese board
    5. brigade
    6. tray
    7. salver
    8. wine cooler
    9. jug
    10. ashtray
    11. tureen
    12. creases
    13. cruet
    14. rack
    15. bottle opener
    16. finger bowl
    17. damask

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...