Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fish: cod

Today let's talk about a certain species of fish... Do you know it?

http://tinyurl.com/9x46rzl
COD

In Polish the fish is known as dorsz. This is one of the species we may catch in the Baltic Sea. And this is how you pronounce the word cod.


A few examples from the Internet:
  • Its been 10 years since I caught cod in Newfoundland...
  • I don't care if I caught cod the size of herring!
  • Last winter, fishing off Garston (8 miles from the sea) I caught cod, whiting, thornback and flounder.
  • Cod fish is very low in Saturated Fat.
  • I agree with you, cod fish is very flavorful on it's own. It's one of my favorite fish too!       

I have eaten cod many a time. I agree that this is very delicious fish. I always buy cod when at the seaside :)

My question to you:
Have you ever eaten/caught cod? What do you think of this fish?

8 comments:

  1. I don't like codfish but generally eating fish is very healthy. Therefore once during the week it is necessary to eat them. I am for the food healthily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And do you eat fish regularly? I eat fish regularly only when I am on holidays by the seaside.

      Delete
  2. I like very much all fish:) both to eat and to breed:) yes, eating fish is healthy but not always, sometimes their excess doesn't serve us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see :) Do you like catching fish too? I don't. In fact, what are the side effects of overeating fish??? Do you know anything more about it?

      Delete
  3. Yes! Fish is very healthy. Codfish contains little fatty acids. However he is an abounding protein source, of selenium and vitamin B12. He contains a lot of vitamin As, B1, B2 and PP. But action becoming extinct is threatening them ;/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a doctor or a nutritionist perhaps? Maybe you could give me some advice on how to lose a few kgs? :) Looking forward to your answer!

      Delete
  4. I don't like fish, have a strange taste and a smell:) they are healthy but it isn't possible to force nobody to eat them: P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, come on! Fish is good! :) Maybe you should just try eating fish in a different way...

      Delete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...