Słówko to odnosi sie do choroby, którą w języku angielskim można opisać jako acute viral disease in adults which is characterized by a painful skin rash on nerve pathways which is caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox (ospa wietrzna)... Po polsku mówimu tu o chorobie o nazwie półpasiec. This is how you pronounce the word shingles.
Inne, bardzej oficjalne nazwy tej niefajnej choroby to po angielsku herpes zoster oraz zoster lub zona. Więcej na jej temat, tutaj.
I myself have never experienced shingles... Well, luckily not yet... But this rash really looks awful and indeed it is very similar to the one one has when they get down with small pox.
- Dear Doctor, I am 50 years old. I suffered from shingles in 2008. I was put on penicillin injections.
- I have suffered from shingles for twenty years.
- We obtained rare material consisting of seven sensory ganglia from three donors who had suffered from shingles between 1 and 4.5 months before death...
- Since the patient not only suffered from shingles in the maxillary nerve but also oral candidosis and diabetes mellitus, he was classified...
- The earliest symptoms of shingles, which include headache, fever, and malaise, are nonspecific, and may result in an incorrect diagnosis...
My question to you:
Have you ever suffered from shingles? How did this disease start? What were the symptoms? What medicines did you have to take? How long did it last?