... for hours just enjoying the environment around you. What a beautiful word it is to describe a way of walking, isn't it? The word refers to walking at an easy pace, walking leisurely; in Polish we say 'iść spokojnym krokiem'.This word can also mean "kłusować" or may be used as a noun to mean "kłus" or "spokojny krok".
A few examples from the Internet:
- We ambled along as we talked.
- Paul was ambling through a crowded street fair when he decided to stop and sit at a Palm Reader's table.
- She ambled down the street, stopping occasionally to look in the shop windows.
- Two booze-fiends were ambling homeward at an early hour, after being out nearly all night.
- We were ambling in completely the wrong direction.
My question to you:
Did you do a lot of ambling during holidays? Where did you amble? Who were you ambling with?