AS PLEASED AS PUNCH
... to be able to work as a teacher and translator. Being "as pleased as Punch" means that you feel great delight, that you are proud, in Polish we would just say "bardzo zadowolony" or "rozanielony".
Examples from the Net:
|Mr Punch and his wife, Judy :)|
- ... her father was as pleased as Punch.
- She was as pleased as Punch about the news.
- When I heard our offer for the house had been accepted I was as pleased as punch.
- Aussie pop sensation Kylie Minogue was "as pleased as punch," when she learnt she has become an auntie...
- Rendall Munroe was as pleased as punch to welcome on board his latest sponsor.
- I was (as) pleased as Punch to get the job.
- Ten year old Callum was as pleased as punch to have won the Bunny Hunt Competition at the Dene especially when he received his large chocolate rabbit...
Are you as pleased as Punch with your job? Why? Why not?