Let's talk about personality today. There are different people around us. Some of us are honest, some tend to be dishonest. Let's talk a new simile, a simile which refers to being
AS SLIPPERY AS AN EEL
What does the simile mean? It means being evasive, devious, elusive, crafty; in Polish we don't have a simile like this one, but we do say that someone is 'cwany' or that some issue is 'śliski'. An 'eel' is 'węgorz' and this is the best fish to refer to when you come to think of something slippery, isn't it?
A few examples from the Internet:
- I'm saying that this 'topic' is as slippery as an eel. This thread is about 'child abduction claims...
- He always tells a lie, so he is as slippery as an eel.
- That sales person is as slippery as an eel and you should be careful when...
- When we say someone is as slippery as an eel, it's not a compliment.
- This lying filthy scumbag woman is as slippery as an eel.
My question to you:
Are you as slippery as an eel?