Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Does your face turn red when you get embarrassed?

Let's discuss an embarrassing problem for many, i.e. a red face... Are you one of these creatures whose face turns red when you get embarrassed or sometimes even when you don't? It's a serious problem for many as other can easily spot the moment something has embarrassed you. I guess nobody likes when their feelings are involuntarily revealed, do they? So again... are you one of these whose face becomes...


AS RED AS A BEETROOT

This beautiful simile simply refers to anything that is very red, deep red; and it doesn't necessarily refer only to those situations when you are ashamed; in Polish we also have exactly the same simile and it is 'czerwony jak burak'.


A few examples from the Internet:
  • Liam is as red as a beetroot! How embarrassing!
  • When I'm in a sauna, at the slightest bit of exercise my face is as red as a beetroot...
  • My face is as red as a beetroot too. It doesn't matter what the weather is.
  • I should be at the hospital as my face is as red as a beetroot.
  • I'll bet your face is as red as a beetroot!
  • He stifled so many yawns and he is as red as a beetroot.        

My question to you:
Does your face turn red when you get embarrassed? What do you do to get rid of this discomfort? Do you know anybody whose face turns as red as a beetroot?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. you are welcome

      why don't you tell me more about you ever getting as red as a beetroot :0

      Delete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...