I am sure it sounds familiar, doesn't it? The Polish language translates it as badać, egzaminować, poddać egzaminowi, przeprowadzić inspekcję kontrolną, przeprowadzić śledztwo, przesłuchiwać, przeszukiwać, rewidować, rozpatrywać, sprawdzać. In English I could define this word as to look at something carefully, to inspect, to check, and to interrogate.
Since I am a lecturer, in September I usually examine those students who had failed some tests in June. September is getting closer again and I will be examining some students in Linguistics. I remember that I was examined so many times in my life and it wasn't nice... at least not always :) Before exams we always have to fight exam stress. What to do to get rid of it?
- Learn systematically! :)
- Visualize success instead of negative thoughts of failure.
- Don't talk about revisions with others.
- Take things light - be corageous.
- Pray to God and ask for guiding you through exams.
- Start preparation as early as possible.
Let's take a look at a few examples from the Net:
- As only a random sample of hospitals and patient records was examined, the number given of annual preventable deaths across England...
- Yesterday the UK's human rights record was examined in Geneva, in its second Universal Periodic Review since this process was launched in...
- My wife was examined by a doctor, and he wrote a certificate.
- The helmet was examined by the writer on 22nd July 2010...
- From September, pupils starting GCSEs in England will be examined at the end of the two year course.
Looking forward to your valuable posts impatiently!