Sunday, August 26, 2012

words that begin with ex- examine

Another EX- word today! Let's take a look at this amazing word:

EXAMINE

I am sure it sounds familiar, doesn't it? The Polish language translates it as badać, egzaminować, poddać egzaminowi, przeprowadzić inspekcję kontrolną, przeprowadzić śledztwo, przesłuchiwać, przeszukiwać, rewidować, rozpatrywać, sprawdzać. In English I could define this word as to look at something carefully, to inspect, to check, and to interrogate.

Since I am a lecturer, in September I usually examine those students who had failed some tests in June. September is getting closer again and I will be examining some students in Linguistics. I remember that I was examined so many times in my life and it wasn't nice... at least not always :) Before exams we always have to fight exam stress. What to do to get rid of it?
  • Learn systematically! :)
  • Visualize success instead of negative thoughts of failure.
  • Don't talk about revisions with others.
  • Take things light - be corageous.
  • Pray to God and ask for guiding you through exams.
  • Start preparation as early as possible.

Let's take a look at a few examples from the Net:
  • As only a random sample of hospitals and patient records was examined, the number given of annual preventable deaths across England...
  • Yesterday the UK's human rights record was examined in Geneva, in its second Universal Periodic Review since this process was launched in...
  • My wife was examined by a doctor, and he wrote a certificate.
  • The helmet was examined by the writer on 22nd July 2010...
  • From September, pupils starting GCSEs in England will be examined at the end of the two year course.                  
My question to you:
Do you like being examined? Why? Why not?

Looking forward to your valuable posts impatiently!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...