Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What does it take to be a pallbearer?

Hmmm.... It's difficult to answer this question when you don't know who


A PALLBEARER

is... Well, let me explain then... A pallbearer is a person who walks beside or helps to carry a coffin at a funeral. (Listen to how this word is pronounced.)

In fact I have no idea what it takes to be a pallbearer. I have never thought about it. I have never been one and I am not sure if I would like to be one unless it is necessary. I guess professional pallbearers, as it is usually them who are paid to carry coffins, are rather indifferent about their job. But of course I may be wrong. Thus, if you have any opinions on this issue, I'd love to hear from you. 

A few examples from the Net:
  • ...except for a few pallbearers, nobody came to the funeral.
  • At 11:45, a few pallbearers, my son, my daughter and her husband arrived.
  • I won't need pallbearers as I am being cremated and my...
  • For families wishing to have pallbearers and a traditional funeral service...
  • He also said that if he were to have pallbearers it would be the last six ladies...
  • Relays of strong pallbearers then bore the enormous coffin to his grave site near...    

My question to you:
What does it take to be a pallbearer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...