Thursday, August 23, 2012

Niepokalanów

The last few days of my summer holidays. It's so sad this time is about to end soon. Anyhow, I have just returned from another place on my summer agenda - Niepokalanów. It's a wonderful place! You can admire the beautiful Basilica of St Mary Immaculate.

The place was founded in 1927 by Friar Maximilian Kolbe, who was canonized as a saint of the Roman Catholic Church. During WWII Father Kolbe was arrested by Gestapo and was killed by Germans in Auschwitz concentration camp in 1941.

I was a bit surprised to have seen so many young people out there as we came to Niepokalanów. Later on I found out that the Max Festival was being held. This event gave us an extra opportunity to listen to young people singing on the stage behind the church. It was lovely.

We attended the 6 pm mass and went sightseeing. There are a few museums there so we had to go everywhere to learn more about the history of the place. I do recommend visiting this fantastic place of worship!

My question to you:
Have you ever been to Niepokalanów? What did you do there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...