AS SAFE AS HOUSES
Well, I am... and it's not because I am rich, for I am not; it's not because I have a great job till my retirement, and it's not because I have extremely supportive family... It's because I have trusted God. :) Yeah... I know... it may be shocking for some, but it's true. Anyway, the simile we are discussing now refers to a state when someone feels safe and secure and well protected. In Polish we have a phrase which is similar to the one in question, but it's not exactly the same; we often say 'bezpiecznie jak u mamy' or 'bezpiecznie jak w banku'. But is the latter equivalent (which directly translates as as safe as in the bank) really that safe when banks are struggling with so many financial problems nowadays? I am not so sure.
A few examples from the Internet:
- Make your property as safe as houses.
- Nothing is as safe as houses.
- If the global economy is as safe as houses, then there's a crash on the way...
- Residents are as safe as houses in Storth.
- We provide a free Call Out and Quote service, along with a free security/burglary survey to ensure you are as safe as houses!
- As I said a few weeks ago these shares are as safe as houses and pay a good dividend...
What is your idea of how to be as safe as houses?