This word refers to a fear and dislike of foreigners or strangers; in Polish we have almost the same word and it is ksenofobia. And this is how you pronounce the word xenophobia.
- If you suffer from xenophobia, you may feel uncomfortable around people who...
- People who suffer from xenophobia display an intense fear or dislike of people they do not understand or people they find...
- South Africa must fight xenophobia.
- To develop more efficient policies to fight xenophobia and racism we need to better understand the nature and scope of existing problems...
- Whatever the composition of the club, no one releases it from the obligation of working with the fans to fight xenophobia in the stands.
- I can't stand Xenophobia or any kind of bigotry.
I have never experienced any xenophobic behavior towards myself although I know that there are people who for some reason are not particularly fond of Poles. I may simply have been either lucky or well protected :) I am aware that one can develop xenophobia from bad emotional experiences with other nations or simply because one belongs to one or another nationalist group. I guess we all know what xenophobia leads to in most extreme cases... Let's just think of Anders Breivik, and other cases here.
My question to you:
Have you ever experienced xenophobia?