AS SOFT AS SILK
I guess this simile is quite simple to understand. It mens that something is very soft, very smooth... almost silky... In Polish we would say 'miękki jak jedwab'. It is exactly a word-by-word translation, so it's easy to remember this beauty here :)
A few examples from the Internet:
- His hand is as soft as silk, his smile timid.
- Well bamboo sheets are as soft as silk because bamboo fibers are naturally soft, smooth...
- The sheets are as soft as silk, the rooms are luxurious, and the in the bar we had pizza and sweet potato fries with our wine that were delicious!
- The colours are as soft as silk to the touch, to apply and to wear.
- Her skin is as soft as silk. Her hair is as soft as eiderdown.
- I might be a little bit wobbly, but my skin is as soft as silk and begging to be stroked!
My question to you:
Look around, think a bit and tell me about something you would say is as soft as silk...