Wednesday, July 11, 2012

words that begin with ex- excel

Another EX- word today! Let's take a look at this amazing word:

EXCEL

Hello! Hello! I have a really awesome word for you today guys! The word always evokes positive emotions in me when I use it or when I hear it :) Well, what does the word mean? In English we can define it as a verb which means to be talented, to surpass, to do things better than somebody else, to do things very well, to be extremely good at something. Beautiful, isn't it? In Polish we could translate this word as prześcigać innych w czymś, przewyższać innych po jakimś względem, odznaczać się jakąś umiejętnością, wyróżniać się w robieniu czegoś. What is more this great word is also used in one more fantastic context... You may also use the phrase to excel yourself to do sth. This phrase means przechodzić samego siebie... 

What do I have to say in this context?
Yes! There is one thought that keeps drilling my brain now! Jesus excelled himself to redeem our souls! What better examples can you think of? Actually, all His life Jesus excelled everybody else in giving His love, showing His patience, being a grand role model to all! If all people, whether they believe or not, could only be like Him, what a wonderful world we would live in!


Let's take a look at a few examples from the Net:
  • Grange has excelled in the creation of exquisite French furniture...
  • Rotor Bike Components of Madrid have for years excelled in CNC machining, initially designing, prototyping and producing...
  • She excelled in all sports and won...
  • She excelled in the new sound medium in films which arrived at the close of the 1920s.
  • He excelled in a pressurised, corporate environment that required high levels of business development and relationship building.
  • He excelled himself yesterday so is probably sleeping it off today!
  • He excelled himself at the Championships, clocking the fifth fastest time in ...          

My question to you:
What do you excel in? What was a situation you excelled yourself to do something?

Looking forward to your valuable comments impatiently!

2 comments:

  1. It is very difficult to asses myself but I'll try to do it. I think I excel others in maths and self - confidence... The thirst one is OK but on the second one I must work. My anwser on your secon question is: Hmm... There was such a situation at the end of our school year. I excelled myself to play the guitar ;). (Between do you play any instruments?).

    o_O Please reply :) O_o <- How is "Emotka czy emotikon" in English?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there :) EMOTIKON is a nice blend of EMOTIONAL and ICON therefore the new English word that is in the shape of a face and shows emotions and expressions is simply an EMOTICON.

      It is very difficult to ***assess*** myself but I'll try to do it. I think I excel others in maths and self-confidence... The ***first*** one is OK but on the second one I must work. My ***answer*** ***to*** your ***second*** question is: Hmm... There was such a situation at the end of our school year. I excelled myself to play the guitar ;). (Between you and me... do you play any instruments?).

      Delete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...