Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Who is the wisest in your family?

Today I wanted to start a new series of my posts under the heading SIMILES. What is a simile? A simile is a figure of speech in which you  compare two dissimilar things by using the words 'like' or 'as'. The English language knows quite a few similes which can be used in your everyday conversations to express your ideas in a more expressive, more poetic way :)

Today, we'll be looking at the following simile:

AS WISE AS AN OWL

This one is very easy to understand for Polish people as we have exactly the same simile - mądry jak sowa, so the simile can be used to describe someone who is very clever.


My question to you:
Who is the wisest in your family? Why?

4 comments:

  1. I think that in teaching English the wisest in my familly is my daddy. He has many diplomas all of them are with distinctions (my dad also teaches English). He teaches patiently with heart with love and he is also strong emotonaly. On tthe other hand my mum is the wisest in cooking, looking after pets and so on. She also teaches English and she is very good at it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't know what to say. It's a bit embarrassing.

      Delete
  2. The wisest is my son :) He is curious, interested in everything he meets. You know, he teaches us how to explore the world. He shows the real passion... He doesn't worry about anything... And I think that we can draw one significant conclusion: we are too grumbling. We should be amazed by this beautiful world! We do not appreciate what we have. But he does. He's better at living than we are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I guess all people should adhere to what Matthew said in chapter 18 verse 3: And he said: ‘Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. :) This is actually the crux of the matter... we should be simple, innocent and open just like children are.

      Delete

Say something here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...